Thursday, April 2, 2009

Breakfast

I ended a fast of running today. Hadn't really run since Sunday. Biked to work and stuff, but didn't run. Today was the mock PFA for the running group. Since I'm a Command Fitness Leader, I administered the test. Thus, didn't get to do the "workout."

At lunch, I ran 6 miles alone. It was nice and hot, and with the 10K coming up Saturday, figured I should do some quick running. After a mile warm up, I ran the next 4 miles alternating between 3:00 on, 2:00 off. The on pace was at or a bit faster than a 6:00 mile each time. Was able to fit 6 intervals within the four miles. The last recovery tied into the last mile of the run. Overall, felt pretty good. The legs were sluggish at first, but quickly remembered how to go fast. The last three quick intervals were kind of painful due to a massive side stitch. I'd forgotten how bad those hurt. Damn them. Damn the stitch.

7:52, 6x3:00 on, 2:00 off, last 2:00 was really 0:22, then 8:04
Total: 44:23

Faster on Saturday. Must go faster.

******

On a side note, or actually, a front and center note, I had my first real interview today and kicked ass! The Captain was most impressed with my intellect and appearance. It pays to run!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Firstly, nice job at the interview, because in the long run that is more important than preparing for race. I knew it would go well!

As for the running, why the fast? Not enough time? motivation?

Don't worry about it, though. Maybe you will be rested and be able to fly! Regardless, it will be a fun race. Races are always fun.

Abby said...

Positive intellect and appearance. Always good for interviews. You probably came across as confident as well - another plus!

Have fun with the 10K!

Anton said...

Charles, the fast was because my right knee was bugging me.