Saturday, March 28, 2009

Nice and Steady

Good weather today. No surprise there, though. Same weather as any other day.

Ran a steady 6 on the trail about 3/4 mile from my place.
Felt pretty good. Passed some natives fishing of the bridge, some homeless in the park, some factory workers at the plant, and some other runners/bikers/walkers on the trail. It's always fun passing bikers when I'm only running 7:40s.

In the fourth mile, out of nowhere, my right knee had some sharp pains. This time it felt more like the hamstring attachments than the IT band. Not sure what's up there. Might go to physical therapy after the race next Saturday.

8:13, 7:37, 7:38, 7:29, 7:01, 7:48
45:39

Happy weekend to all.

4 comments:

Abby said...

Sounds like an enjoyable run. Race next saturday? How far?

I don't understand the homeless people here. If I were homeless, I think I'd pick Hawaii too.

Ben said...

Yes, what kind of race have you signed up for?

Take care of that hamstring.

Anton said...

Ford Island 10K

Unknown said...

I had a similar sharp pain last week! Mine was in the right quad, but it shot down all the way to the foot. I don't know where it came from...maybe it was the many high mileage days...but then the pain left a minute later and didn't bother me again...and, there was no pain in my long run either...strange pains!